Monday, September 27, 2010

Small Excursion

I have not been doing too much lately with the CJ besides just driving it to work and back and loving the heck out of it.  Due to my shift work, I frequently have my days off during the weekdays and so I've been delighting my kids by picking them up from school in the CJ with the doors off.  They fight over who gets to sit in the front passenger seat.  My oldest daughter, nine years old, loves sitting up there with the doors off and waving to her friends as  we pull away. . . she feels pretty cool. . . as she should.

Today, instead of going home, I decided to head up into the hills near our house and take a little jaunt on some of the dirt roads that wind through the sage brush up there.  Kids loved it - as did I - and the little CJ performed great!  I'm not an extreme off-road guy.  Snapping axles on the weekends is not my idea of a swell time, but there's just something about being out there with the doors off on a warm Fall day, the tunes blaring,  as you crawl your way through no-man's-land. 

Top of the big hill.  Dry farms ready for harvest in the background.
My faithful crew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I BET your kids love it...and they are a pretty great crew, to be sure! I know my daughter asked me to pick her up from school everyday when I borrowed a Jeep from a friend! There is nothing quite like riding in a Jeep with the top down...exhilarating!

 

avandia recall